Friday, August 13, 2010

Week Two : 60 Miles
I've now logged 60 miles of my goal of 100 for August. Run 60 miles in 13 days and you'll feel pretty darn good about yourself. I do! This summer marks my 8th year of consistently working out. For 8 years now I've been doing some form of running, weights, or yoga. And a lot of that time I've had a combination of all three. (Love it when that happens!) It all started the summer that my husband was studying for the bar. Exercise has been a big part of his life ever since he lost 60 pounds (crazy, right!) Pretty much the only breaks he took from studying that summer were for working out so if I was going to see him it had to be working out with him at the gym. That's when it started. And it's just kind evolved since then. Sure I've had moments where I've taken a week or two off but besides those few times exercise has been a consistent part of my life and for that I feel great! So if you are reading this and don't exercise then you should start. It will change your life. And back to my 60 miles this month.... still feeling good but more tired this week. My legs are definitely feeling it. I can only imagine what this could do for me if I could do this all the time. I wish I could. It's a big push for me though so one month is a good goal for me now. I'm heading back to work on Monday. Back to the real world. I've definitely been spoiled this summer. :0)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so good, Nell. I'm proud of you.

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

Thanks Mom!