Sunday, August 1, 2010

100 Miles in August

As I was running this morning I decided I need a new goal. So here it is: this month I'm going to run 100 miles. Not in one day like my husband but spread out over 4 weeks. 25 miles a week sounds doable. I've had weeks with high mileage before. And now that El Scorcho is finished I need something to try. Marathons are out for me.....too much involved in training for four months when you've got a family, full time job, part time photography business, and chasing around an almost 3 year old. So I'll try this one and see if I can do it. 6 miles down, 94 to go.

And since this post is about running, here's a shot of me and my sister Francie at El Scorcho Quatro. My first (and probably last) El Scorcho to run. A very tough race for this girl.
It looks like I'm going fast in my finish line shot. I wasn't. :0)

2 comments:

Mary Bess said...

Good luck with your goal!! I started an August bicycling and Sun Salutation challenge for myself....riding 25 miles a week and 10 Sun Salutations per day. So far, so good!!

Francie said...

I like the goal! I'll store that away for myself after the 3-Day. I'm thinking about Cowtown again next year if want to join for the half. It was a good run with lots to see in the city. Nice work on El Scorcho - you were going fast! I just don't have a good camera to catch these moments appropriately!