Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I am Jessica Seinfeld - Part 2
Aunt Poolie got me Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cookbook for Christmas and it has been a success. Thank you Aunt Poolie! So far I've made five of her recipes. Ezra's favorite...banana bread. Can't get enough of it these days. Yummy and healthy ingredients hidden on the inside: bananas and cauliflower. It's really good. I'm quite addicted to it myself. I've also made peanut butter muffins (carrots), macaroni & cheese (cauliflower), potato soup (carrots and squash), and peanut butter & jelly muffins (carrots.) Tonight I'm planning to make meatloaf (carrots and celery.) My New Years resolution was to make dinner for our family once a week and so far I've stuck with it. I'm sure some of you are probably laughing because you make dinner every night of the week. I'll be the first to admit that I've never really been a cook. I'm one of those girls who is spoiled with a husband who enjoys it. Logan cooks for us usually 5-6 nights a week. So this year I am starting to cook! Wish me luck!
Speaking of food....remember how I said Ezra is a very picky eater these days? Well, one of the things he does like to eat is chili. Loves it! If you've ever had Logan's chili you can understand why. He even won the "Most Unique Chili" award at Cross Timbers Intermediate School in 2005. It is delicious! Anyway, whenever Logan makes chili we always send leftovers for Ezra's lunch the next day or two. We don't think anything of it. Well, the daycare girls told me the other day how they were laughing and laughing about the whole situation. How he just eats it up and can't get enough of it. And then they said "Haven't you seen Mr. Mom? You aren't suppose to feed toddlers chili!" Oh man, that gave me the biggest laugh too. We've never even thought about that! We were just happy to find something that he will eat. I assure you, it hasn't had any effect on Ezra. I guess daycare probably doesn't get many chili lunches. I love that movie Mr. Mom by the way.

5 comments:

Mary Bess said...

That's so fun! Way to go getting into cooking! It took me a while too, and I don't have a hubby that cooks! I wonder if the Jessica recipes taste just as good for adults??

Poppyseed said...

Way to go, Nell! I don't do alot of cooking at my house, either. It's not that I don't like to cook, it's just that it seems like we're always pressed for time. Anyway, I got the same cookbook from our book fair in October and I need to get myself organized so that I can try some of the recipes!

palouseygoosey said...

This post makes me laugh:) I LOVE Mr. Mom. In fact own it and havne't watched in in about 8 years, so I think I might watch it tonight!

That is a funny story about the chili and day care!!!! I love it! I often wonder if BJ's teachers think we're so boring b/c he asks for the same things every day. Oh well, somehow CJ survived!

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

Well, the meatloaf was a hit. For Ezra and for me and Logan. I will definitely make it again. Her recipes are really good. We've been eating all of them along with Ezra. I've only found one so far that I haven't liked.

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

I can't wait for Ezra to ask for the same thing every day! That would make packing lunches much easier. Actually, it's not that it's hard but I'm just always racking my brains trying to figure out what I can send with him to daycare that he will actually eat.