Tuesday, January 13, 2009

62 Miles!!!
My amazing husband ran 62 miles this past weekend in Bandera, TX! Can you imagine? Not a flat course by any means. If you've ever been to the Hill Country you probably seen hills similar to what you was going up and down. He started out at 7:30 a.m. and ran until about 12:20 a.m. the next morning. Total time 16 hours 47 minutes. It was a very chilly and very windy day. We are very, very, very proud of him!
At the beginning of the race...
31miles down, 31 miles to go...
Jason joined him for the second half. How many friends do you know that would join you for a 31 mile jog?

Ok, this next picture cracks me up. He was taking a break to eat a grilled cheese sandwich. He had lots of interesting food along the way. Pancakes at one of the aid stations. Dori and I brought them Sonic hamburgers at mile 47. I asked how many calories he thought he ate during the run and I think the guess was about 2,000. Calories burned? I think he said about 13,000.
And at the finish line with his friend Miles. 16 hours 47 minutes later.
AMAZING!!!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Okay, unbelievable that anyone wants to do this! What a nut job, but you gotta love him!