Saturday, August 16, 2008

Heading back to work on Monday. I'm a little sad about that but looking forward to the fall. There's something about a new school year -- new students, new staff, new schedule, a fresh start. Ezra and I have had such a good summer and I've really enjoyed spending my days with him. He's been a busy little boy! He's gotten quite good at this walking thing and can now make it almost all the way across a room. I give him about a month before he starts running! Speaking of running....I've decided to cancel my plans for the San Antonio Marathon in November. It's hard for me to say that but I think it's the best thing for me to do with our busy fall schedule that's about to start up. The thought of the long runs on the weekends (I'm about to get up to 17, 18, 19, and 20 in the next month and a half) makes me dread those weekends. I actually enjoy the running part (never thought I would say that) but it's the time later in the day when I'm dead tired and soar that makes me want to back out. And who wants to do that when you have a sweet baby boy at home that I would much rather be hanging out and playing with. So instead of a full marathon I'm going to do the half in Waco on October 26th. I'm actually quite excited about it because part of it goes through Baylor. A couple other updates on Ezra....he can now clap! He gets very excited about it! It's pretty sweet. And he started daycare this past Monday. He had a good week and I think things will work out fine but we sure will miss having Nanna and Julie watch him like last school year. We are so grateful for all the wonderful family and friends who have helped us so much with our sweet baby boy!

p.s. - I LOVE this video! Makes me so proud! One of my biggest hopes for Ezra is that he falls in love with reading. He was flipping through this book all by himself for about three minutes until I grabbed the camera. Go, Dog. Go! is one of his favorites. He always comes back to this one. (And it must taste pretty good too!)

1 comment:

Poppyseed said...

That just makes a librarian mom so proud! :) It gets even better...Zoe will sit with books that she knows and 'read' them aloud to herself sometimes. She even adds her own embellishments, but that little stinker clams up as soon as she notices anyone paying attention to her so I can never get a video of it!