Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our New Backyard!
We finished up our big backyard makeover this past month. No more yucky landscaping, no more giant rocks & boulders, new grass, and a new fence on one side. A much more friendly environment for Ezra to play in and for all of us to enjoy. Here's the after shot:
And here's a before shot from last July:
It’s amazing for me to see the difference in Ezra in these two pictures, taken 10 months apart. He looks so tall to me now. Almost three years old in August. I still can't believe that. And he LOVES to run around in our new backyard!

We are VERY excited about summer coming up. I feel like it's here already even though we still have one week left of school. Lots of fun things going on this summer – music class, swim lessons, and lots of fun thing planned with friends. I’ve already started my to-do list and can’t wait to get started next week. First up, paint our dining room. I finally picked a paint color after about six different samples. After the paint is done all I have left to do is find a new rug and things for the walls. I’ll be sure to post a before and after shots once that room is completed. A big thank you to my wonderful sister Mary Bess for helping me with this project the past couple of months! I am so excited about our new dining room!
p.s. - Second up on my to-do list -- get those branches down off the roof of the garage. The ones you can see in the top picture of this post. Seeing them there reminds me that I need to get that done. Those have been there since the big snow storm back in January. :0)

2 comments:

Mary Bess said...

If you need a hand painting just let me know!

Jenny said...

It looks great. I am sure Ezra loves it and helping you water and sweep the patio. I see some cute things hanging on the side of your garage like baskets of flowers and colorful wooden shoes. I'll send you some. Gosh, I miss that little boy! I an mailing him his book, Ask Ezra, from Blurb.com.