Friday, March 20, 2009

18 Months
Well, he's actually 18 and a half months but we went to Ezra's 18th month checkup earlier this week. Ezra is one healthy boy! 28 pounds and 34 inches tall. The doctor told us the average 18 month old is 32 inches and Ezra is measuring the height of an average 2 year old. We knew he was big but it's interesting to hear those statistics. He asked us how many words Ezra says. Of course I didn't have an answer for him but it got me thinking about it all. Ezra definitely is a talker these days! I've had a list going ever since our appointment on Tuesday and here's what he's said in the past three days: Mama, Dada, Nanna, Ezra, Pop, Mamaw, Mimi, Enno, cat, dog, plane, truck, car, bird, Mo-Mo, water, granola bar, yogurt, milk, cheese, shoes, ball, duck, pig, baby, bird. 26 words. The statistic he gave us for the average 18 month old is 5-10 words. Awesome! Ezra's teacher at school told us that one of the reasons she likes Ezra so much is because he's the only one in the class that she feels that she can really talk to. That of course gave me a little laugh. We have conversations all the time. Who knew you could talk about planes and trucks so much!

Good snack. And what does your belly look like when you are full?
Calling Nanna...
Another thing we talked about quite a bit at his doctor's appointment was discipline and typical behavior of an 18 month old. And Ezra is right on track -- very stubborn, very active, and very independent. Here's what he thinks of my Happiest Toddler on the Block book....
But luckily he follows it up with telling me that that's his Mama on the cover on Runner's World this month. This has been on our counter for a few days and several times we've walked past it and Ezra's points out that it's his Mama. :0)

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I LOVE our doctor. Isn't he great?! Ezra is doing great! I remember when Dr. M asked us how many words Luke was saying and I had to stop and think. He started listing off common words: Mama, dog, cat, ball, etc. And I went, "Oh, yeah." I'm an idiot.

Grow with Griffin said...

I am still laughing out loud at this post- not that you don't look like the glamour runner on the cover- but those last two pictures and comments are my favorite... I am sure that comment of him seeing his Mama on the cover of Runner's World totally makes up for what he did to your book! ha!

Francie said...

Ezra has rock star parents! That's why he's such a rock star himself.